San Diego Celebrates National Philanthropy Day: Call for Nominations
San Diego Celebrates
National Philanthropy Day
Awards Luncheon, Thursday, November 7, 2013
The AFP San Diego Chapter annually recognizes eight Outstanding Awards for Philanthropy to recognize individuals and organizations whose philanthropic achievements have made an impact on the San Diego community. We are looking forward to building on the success of our predecessors. We are expanding our vision of inclusion and celebrating and honoring the rich diversity of our region. We will be also highlighting the importance of public and private partnership and collaboration in philanthropy and the role of the development staff and volunteers in philanthropy.
Let’s honor those who embrace philanthropy on November 7, 2013 at the San Diego Hilton Bayfront Hotel. Nominate someone that you feel deserves to be acknowledged for their efforts.
Nominations for the 41st National Philanthropy Day will be accepted online beginning Friday, May 31 to Monday, July 15 at 5:00 p.m. In using the online form, please note the following to help you prepare a successful nomination:
- If your organization is the sole nominator, please check the Main Nominating Organization button.
- Two to five organizations may choose to work collaboratively to submit nominee information. If your organization is working with other organizations to co-nominate, please check the Co-Nominating Organization button.
- Endorsers are individuals who are not submitting nominations but wish to advocate for an organization’s nominee. Up to five endorsements per nominee will be accepted.
The description box used for nominations will allow for the maximum 500 word limit. At the end of the online submission form, please hit the submit button. A new window will appear acknowledging your submission.
You will automatically receive a copy of your nomination, please keep this nomination for your records. If you have any questions or problems regarding your online submission, please contact the AFP office at 888-323-7237.
- Nominations are accepted only via online submission (see link at the bottom of this page) by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 15. Nominations via regular mail will not be accepted. Late entries after 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 15 will not be accepted.
- The Nomination Essay is not to exceed 500 words. Submissions received by AFP over the 500 word count may be held and not processed until the organization or individual submitting the description can be contacted to obtain a reduced word count.
- Incomplete nominations will not be accepted. Categories A, B, C and the Essay need to be completed.
- Multiple nominations are encouraged.
- Previous honorees are not eligible for consideration unless their nomination is for a category that is different from what they were honored for in the past.
- Nominators will be notified about the selection of their nominees the week of August 19.
- Honorees must agree to be present to accept their award at the San Diego National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon on Thursday, November 7, 2013. In addition, Honorees must be available for a one hour session to be videotaped in September 2013.
Collaborative co-nominations by non-profit agencies are highly encouraged in all categories. Your nomination (not to exceed 500 words) should include the information, specified for each category, with specific examples of your nominee’s accomplishments during the past year(s). It is also helpful to include the nominee’s other affiliations and volunteer work in the community.