2013 Chamberlain Scholarship to attend the 2014 AFPI Conference
Deadline for Applications: Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
The AFP San Diego Chapter is now accepting applications for the 2013 Chamberlain Scholarship. This scholarship is designed to help individuals develop their fundraising knowledge and skills through participating in the AFP 2014 International Conference. AFP International will provide a scholarship toward the registration fee for the AFP International Conference to be held in San Antonio, Texas March 23-25, 2014. Cost for the scholarship recipient for the 3-day conference would be reduced to only $10. In addition to the scholarship for registration, AFPSD will offer the scholarship recipient airfare on Southwest Airlines and a stipend to help defray lodging and meal expenses.
The scholarship is available to one AFP San Diego Chapter member, who is a fundraising professional and has never attended an AFP International Conference. Applications must be submitted electronically by email to email@example.com by Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 by 5 PM in order to be considered. The scholarship committee will select one recipient, who will be notified by October 31, 2013.
The AFPSD Scholarship Committee will select the Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria:
• Candidate is employed as a full-time fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, at least 50 percent of time must be devoted to fundraising.
• Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee).
• Candidate is responsible for covering the $10 difference for the Conference registration fee.
• Candidate is responsible for submitting receipts to AFPSD for travel and lodging reimbursement up to $1,000. Expenses incurred outside of travel and lodging, or travel and lodging expenses incurred beyond $1,000 will be covered by the scholarship recipient.
• Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form and write-up a report about his or her experience following the Conference to share with the AFPSD membership.
• Financial need will be considered when selecting the scholarship recipient. Those applicants whose personal and/or organizational financial position might otherwise not allow them to attend the 2014 AFPI Conference will be given special consideration.
Five New Chapter Scholarships Now available!
The San Diego Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is delighted to announce the new 2014 - 2016 Murray Galinson Fellowship Program. Applications for this program are due at the AFP San Diego Chapter office on Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
The Murray Galinson Fellowship Program, an outreach initiative of the AFP San Diego Chapter, is intended to provide educational and career growth opportunities to those within our profession who might not otherwise have access to such resources. The program is made possible through the Jewish Community Foundation in loving memory of Murray Galinson.
Murray Galinson was a visionary leader of the Jewish community in San Diego and worldwide, a successful business person, and an influential force in national, state and local politics. He was a gentleman who made time to mentor many young, up-and-coming leaders. Murray chaired the Jewish Community Foundation board from 2008-2010. He also chaired the board of Jewish Funder’s Network and served on the boards of the Leichtag Foundation, Jewish Federation of San Diego County, the Galinson Family Foundation of the Jewish Community Foundation, the Weingart Foundation and AIPAC. In addition, he served in leadership positions with Price Legacy Corp., Price Charities and San Diego Grantmakers.
Participating in this three-year program is expected to strengthen each Murray Galinson Fellow’s personal fundraising skills, thereby improving the status of philanthropy at the Fellow’s employing organization and the entire San Diego community. AFP Membership, education and mentorship are the key components of the program.