Development OfficerCompany: Susan G. Komen San Diego
Date Posted: February 6, 2018
SUSAN G. KOMEN SAN DIEGO
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Development Officer is responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with individual donors across all areas of the organization. This is a new position for our organization, and individual giving has only recently been prioritized. In partnership with the President & CEO and members of the Development Team, the Development Officer will lead Komen San Diego’s efforts to diversify revenue beyond events and corporate partnerships. This position will help move our organization to a culture of year-round philanthropy.
- Responsible for stewarding existing individual donors (outside of the Race for the Cure);
- Review the Circle of Influence structure and model and make recommendations for its future;
- Identify individual donor prospects;
- Develop a pathway for new individual donors using moves management;
- Work with Development Committee Chair and internal team to create philanthropy plans for each Board member;
- Responsible for Major donor gifts of $140,000 annually, ranging from $5,000 - $25,000 each;
- Develop specialized events for major donor cultivation;
- Work in partnership with Director of Development and Events Manager to refresh current Dinner/Gala event;
- Cultivate donors to achieve individual giving goal of $150,000 at Dinner/Gala event;
- Responsible for Dinner/Gala table and ticket sales of $75,000; in partnership with Director of Development;
- Work with Marketing Coordinator and Development Coordinator to steward and support Team Captains and Top Fundraisers for the Race for the Cure to maximize donations for Individual Giving Goal of $400,000;
- Assist in segmentation of donor database to customize communications and invitations;
- Expand monthly and planned giving programs.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Creative and innovative;
- Independent yet a team player;
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and stay well organized;
- Nimble and able to switch gears quickly;
- Comfortable managing a large volume of work at a fast-pace, with attention to detail and relationships;
- Able to embrace the small but mighty mindset of our non-profit;
- Available for some nights and weekends.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in development and individual fundraising;
- Previous track record of developing individual relationships with donors from scratch;
- Experience cultivating gifts of $10,000+;
- Event coordination – both small/intimate and large;
- Experience with a database fundraising software (Salesforce preferred);
- Interest, passion and/or experience with women’s health.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience necessary.
Salary and benefits package is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 3/1/18.