Administrator of Fund DevelopmentCompany: Pacific Southwest Railway Museum
Date Posted: January 15, 2018
The Pacific Southwest Railway Museum Association is seeking an Administrator of Fund Development. Reporting to the President, this position is responsible for planning and implementing strategic, targeted, multifaceted fundraising plans to generate project and operating funds through major donor cultivation and solicitation, grant writing, and expansion of corporate sponsorships and giving in San Diego and Imperial Counties. This position will be based in La Mesa, CA.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement annual giving campaigns
- Develop major gift prospects
- Refine and maintain existing planned-estate giving program
- Coordinate fundraising solicitation with the President and Board
- Garner public speaking opportunities
- Identify grants available for the Association's capital projects and author grant proposals
- Identify and cultivate new prospective funding sources including corporations, associations, foundations and individuals
- Manage the cultivation and solicitation of corporate support
- Contribute content and vision to the marketing of the Association through its website, newsletter, emails and other media
- Attend monthly board meetings, prepare reports and make presentations for the board and volunteer committees
- Participate in some weekend activities at the Association's main location in Campo, CA
A minimum of two half days per week must be spent working at the Association's office in La Mesa, CA. The remaining hours may be worked at the time and place of the applicant's choosing. Applicant must be a self-starter and able to understand and follow through with the commonly agreed mission of the Association. Applicants must have at least three years of professional fundraising experience.
Occasional travel required, particularly in San Diego County.
Applicants can send resumes to Diana Hyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: RESUME