UC San Diego Hillel is looking for our Capital Campaign Coordinator, a driven team member to help us propel forward the fundraising campaign to build the Beverley and Joseph Glickman Hillel Center. Having successfully concluded a nearly 20-year political effort to construct a Hillel Center at UC San Diego, we’re ready to galvanize the support of our community and translate it into the funds necessary to build. The Capital Campaign Coordinator will work with the Executive Director, Capital Campaign Counsel and Capital Campaign Cabinet to prepare for meetings and solicitations, prepare communications and PR for the campaign, and provide administrative support to the effort.
What You’re Great At
- Communicating a vision in writing and interpersonal speaking.
- Managing multiple, simultaneous tasks; attention to details.
- Comfortably utilizing MS Office applications and Donor CRM (Little Green Light). Experience with WordPress a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the execution of the campaign plan.
- Maintain and control the distribution of accurate and up-to-date rosters of campaign prospects, donors and campaign volunteers.
- Enter gifts and donor information into donor CRM. Produce thank you letters and acknowledgments.
- Make preparations for and attend campaign meetings.
- Answer questions from volunteers, donors and staff concerning the campaign and building project.
- Organize and assist donor gift/pledge billing and payment processing.
- Conduct prospect research as required for campaign efforts.
- Support the Campaign Communications Committee and Chair in creating and executing the campaign communications plan.
- Lead the generation of online content that ensures the campaign’s online presence is dynamic, relevant and mission-driven.
- Provide ongoing content management of the campaign website, and coordinate stories and content with campaign counsel, staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate all media contacts and social media for the campaign to create momentum for and awareness of UC San Diego Hillel programs and activities, including creating press releases, developing social media content and utilizing free media outlets.
- Track online analytics and support internal and external data reporting needs.
What You’ll Bring to the Job:
- 2-6 years’ experience in fundraising and communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and master new communication formats quickly.
- Proficiency with web-based design applications, Microsoft Office, and Internet research required.
- Organized, efficient, reliable and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative teamwork.
- Experience working in the Jewish community a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities.
About the Glickman Hillel Center:
Located on a vacant 0.8-acre parcel at the gateway to La Jolla, the Beverly and Joseph Glickman Hillel Center will be a convening space for Jewish life at UC San Diego, giving students the resources they need to convene, grow and thrive. After a nearly 20-year effort, UC San Diego Hillel received the unanimous approval of San Diego’s City Council to build the center on October 3, 2017. At the age of 100, neighbor and Hillel supporter Joseph “Chickie” Glickman made the lead pledge of $5 million in 2016 to construct the center. We anticipate a total campaign goal of $15 million.
About UC San Diego Hillel:
UC San Diego Hillel builds radically inclusive community that fuels innovation and inspires students to become active change agents on campus and beyond. We are at the center of UC San Diego’s revolution in social entrepreneurship, making Jewish a public good on our beautiful campus overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We serve eighty percent of Jewish undergraduates on campus, activating them as Jewish leaders through religious celebrations, Jewish learning, community building and Israel engagement. Our leadership incubator, Triton Jewish Leaders, is our platform for empowering students to serve as change agents across the university, building Jewish life, engaging in social activism, growing connections with Israel and pursuing justice. Involving dozens of students and investing in them as heirs of the Jewish future, TJL allows students to serve as co-creators of programming and initiatives. UC San Diego is a division of Hillel of San Diego.
UC San Diego Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.