Prospect Development ManagerCompany: The Scripps Research Institute
Date Posted: October 16, 2017
The Scripps Research Institute is currently seeking a Prospect Development Manager to support the strategic arm of the Institute's fundraising operation, focusing on prospect pools and donor pipeline. Below is a summary of the duties and qualifications. To learn more about this opportunity and submit your application for consideration, please visit our website at: https://careers.scripps.edu
Requisition #: 05052
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE;
- Discover and evaluate prospective donors and investors, and their interests, relatinships, inclincation to give an dphilanthropic capacity.
- Create and manage a system to rank and rate top prospects with tools like a custom engagement score, interest score, connection score with mechanisms to update and expand our network.
- Research and create profiles of fonors and prospects and develope philanthropic research profiles for top prospects.
- Analyze donations to identify sources of giving from existing donors and new prospects.
- Manage, track and report on fundraiser activity and prospect pools for maximum optimization of portfolios and opportunities.
- Make recommendations to positively influence fundraiser activity.
- Establish an information-driven decision culture by deriving conclusions and identifying trends through the statistical analysis of internal and external data.
- Maintain the centralized prospect management database that provides a record of highly confidential prospects contacts and assignments.
- Produce a wide array of prospects and management reports and provide assistance and support with special projects and activities related to fundraising.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned, including some supporting functions
- Bachelor's degree in business, Communications or similar or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimun five years demonstrated research experience, at least two years related to development research.
- Strong experience with prospect research and analysis
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Highly analytical and organized
- High level of professionalism
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with databases, preferably Raser's Edge, Salesforce or smiliar and the ability to become proficient in other software programs or applications used in the department.
- Ability to work some evenings and/or weekend hours for development events.
The Scripps Research Institute cannot accept your resume via email, US mail or fax due to EEO/OFCCP reporting requirements. Individual resumes submitted outside of our website will not be reviewed or considered.
If you are a person with a disability who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in TSRI's application, interview, and/or selection process, please contact the HR office at 858-784-8541. TSRI Embraces diversity and recognizes it is eing a key to our success. We believe in developing and maintianing a diverse workforce. EOE F/F/V/D