Director of DevelopmentCompany: Father Joe's Villages
Date Posted: October 10, 2017
Make a difference in San Diego: Director of Development
Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our C.R.E.E.D which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large:
Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
Empathy-Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
Empowerment-Helping others to help themselves.
Dignity-All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, responsible for the overall performance of the Development Department including oversight of planned giving, special events, community campaign and major donor stewardship activities. Actively works to attract five-, six- and seven-figure gifts to the organization by stewarding and cultivating major donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and inspires the Development Department of approximately twelve professionals including a Volunteer Program Manager, Planned Giving Officer, Corporate and Special Events Officer, Community Gifts Officer, and two Major Gifts Officers to maximize performance and achieve the agency’s fundraising goals.
- In coordination with Chief Development Officer, establishes overall goals and strategies for increasing private support to Father Joe’s Villages.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards five-, six- and seven-figure private and corporate gifts.
- Implements best practices or improves upon existing systems for donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, stewardship and tracking.
- Oversees community campaign activities including coordination with Community Relations Department on continuing implementation of successful direct mail appeal program.
- Regularly reports on departmental performance and progress toward yearly goals to President and CEO and Boards of Directors.
- Represents agency by making presentations, attending meetings, giving tours, etc.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of the organization to establish and carry out responsibilities.
- Oversees the management of the agency’s electronic donor database system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- At least five years successfully leading fundraising teams for non-profit organizations.
- Proven track record of successfully soliciting five-, six- and seven-figure private and/or corporate gifts.
- CFRE is desired.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people.
- Team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals and function with minimal supervision.
- Flexible Work Arrangements*
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Onsite Childcare
- Free Lunch for most locations
- Leadership Training Program for Supervisors
- Casual Dress Code for most positions
*Some programs allow a flexible work schedule to accommodate educational or other personal interests.
Apply online and for more information about our programs, services and job opportunities, please visit <a href="http://www.fatherjoesvillages.org/" rel="nofollow">http://www.fatherjoesvillages.org/</a>
<a href="https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=stvindepal&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US#/" rel="nofollow"> Click here to Apply Online Now</a></h3>
Women, veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.
We are an at-will employer. Father Joe's Villages is an Equal Opportunity Employer.