Development DirectorCompany: ECS
Date Posted: July 19, 2017
The Development Director is a full-time exempt position reporting to the CEO with responsibility for (1) the leadership and overall planning and execution of a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the agency, (2) community engagement and volunteer involvement activities, and (3) external communications, marketing and public relations.
- Planning and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy to include the annual campaign, major gifts, planned giving, volunteers, community engagement, events, grants, donor relations, research, communications and marketing;
- Meeting with current and potential donors to build and strengthen relationships;
- Management of a department with three direct reports (1. Communications, Marketing and Grants Manager, 2. Development Associate, 3. Community Engagement Coordinator);
- Working with the CEO to advance the annual Development Plan and create a strategy for long-term philanthropic support of ECS;
- Serving as staff liaison to the Board’s Resource Development Committee;
- Serving as a member of the senior leadership team;
- Interacting closely with the Board of Directors, community leaders, donors, volunteers, the CEO, Finance Department and ECS programs.
- Promoting ECS’ visibility in the community.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred, with emphasis in non-profit administration, social work, marketing, communications or business.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible fundraising and staff management experience with demonstrated track record in fund-development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience in creating and delivering successful inspirational proposals and a compelling case to donors.
- Experience with fundraising software and proficiency with prospect research tools.
- Well organized,” self-starter” with a collaborative teamwork approach and skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships.
- Personable, articulate, diplomatic and skilled in asking for donations.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends. Minimal travel required outside San Diego County.