Vice President of DevelopmentCompany: Junior Achievement of San Diego County, Inc.
Date Posted: June 22, 2017
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT:
Founded nationally in 1919 and locally in San Diego in 1950. Junior Achievement (JA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing youth to succeed in the global economy. In everything JA does, from raising funds, to recruiting volunteers and implementing programs, the organization remains focused on the goal to impact more young people throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties. We work in partnership with schools and businesses to improve student knowledge in the areas of financial literacy, work-readiness and entrepreneurship.
JA San Diego is part of a national organization with 109 offices throughout the United States. The San Diego office ranks 9th in revenue and 21st in total number of students reached based on the audit for the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
In 2017-2018 we will reach over 77,000 students with an operating budget of $4.1 million dollars.
Seeking a high-energy creative individual to join a fast-paced Development Team. The Vice President of Development oversees the Development Team to raise annual revenue to meet the goals of Junior Achievement's operations and programs through the resources of corporations, foundations, individuals and special events. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the annual fundraising goal is met and serving on the JA Leadership Team. The Vice President of Development will also play a supportive role to the CEO with the Board of Directors, Board Committees, Community and VIP Donors. The Vice President of Development reports to the President and CEO. Occasional meetings and events require work at night and/or on weekends.
Strategic and Collaborative Leadership
- Develops a strategic plan and raises the resources to have the organization debt free of outstanding loans and obligations.
- Is the expert on best practices and trends in development locally and nationally.
- Supports CEO in the strategic planning process.
- Supports CEO to create Board strategies for fundraising.
Administrative Management and Oversight.
- Leads in the development of a culture of philanthropy within JA San Diego.
- Ensures annual fundraising goal of $4.1 million+ is achieved.
- Ensures highest performance of development staff through training, coaching, tracking and support.
- Manages a portfolio of 10+ VIP donors in coordination with CEO.
- Implements, supports and utilizes tracking processes related to donors and the organization's fund development plan.
Community and Donor Engagement
- Represents JA and the CEO in the community when needed.
- Attends high profile events in coordination with CEO and VP of Corporate and Foundations to build community relationships.
- Working with staff, ensures 20+ solicitations with VIP donors annually.
- Ensures an increase in individual giving for JA by 10%.
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in high-level management role, preferably in the nonprofit area.
- Fund development with a successful record of achievement in solicitations of financial support.
- Corporate, Foundation and Individual Giving/Annual Appeals and event campaign experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with the ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Prior experience supervising, coaching and mentoring a team.
- Commitment to lead by example, with passion and dedication to the mission.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Customer Relationship Database management software experience a plus.
To Apply: Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com Position positng expires 7/7/2017.
Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Position positng expires 7/7/2017.