Development ManagerCompany: Identity Theft Resource Center
Date Posted: March 20, 2017
About Identity Theft Resource Center:
The Identity Theft Resource Center is a non-profit organization established to support victims of identity theft and cybercrime in resolving their cases, and to broaden public education and awareness in the understanding of identity theft, data breaches, cybersecurity, scams/fraud and privacy issues.
The ITRC conducts training and presentations on best practices and risk reduction for both businesses and consumers, provides best-in-class victim assistance at no charge to consumers throughout the United States, educates consumers, corporations, government agencies, and other organizations on best practices for fraud and identity theft detection, reduction and mitigation, and serves as a relevant national resource on consumer issues related to cybersecurity, data breaches, fraud, scams and other issues.
The Development Manager opportunity will appeal to candidates with a desire to be a leader in developing and expanding the fundraising capacity of ITRC. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who enjoys wearing many hats and is excited to join a hard-working, mission-driven team.
As a new position within the ITRC, the Development Manager will have an opportunity to spearhead development efforts as the ITRC continues to grow and diversify its funding streams. Working directly with the President/CEO, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to build a strong development program. As part of a board-approved strategic plan the ITRC needs to identify, cultivate, solicit and build relationships with donors that wish to make a difference in the lives of crime victims.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing a strategy to secure ongoing, short- and long-term financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of a CMS Platform
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Leading and implementing major donor cultivation and recognition plans.
- Representing ITRC to external audiences by securing meetings and coordinating site visits with donors and prospects.
- Developing strategies to expand grant and planning giving opportunities, including completing grant proposals, acknowledgement letters, and follow-up reports.
- Working directly with the Senior Director of Communications to assist with internal and external communication, public relations, marketing activities, and producing newsletters, donor correspondence, and other promotional materials in relation to ITRC’s development program.
- Travel as needed, both local and nationwide, in coordination with development efforts.
- College degree preferred with emphasis in fundraising and project development/management and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful track record of cultivating, managing, and maintaining donor relationships
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising CMS
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ITRC.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Suite.
Attitudes, behaviors, and traits:
• An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives on carving a new fundraising road
• Accountability for results.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process development.
• Detail oriented, efficient, and accurate.
• Ability to deal with constant change.
• Ability to balance and prioritize tasks and projects.
• Proven team player; ability to collaborate and engage all internal/external stakeholders.
ITRC provides medical insurance as well as paid leave and holidays. The annual salary range for this position is $48,000 - $52,000, commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary history, and three (3) professional references as a single document to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, walk-ins or recruiters, please.
ITRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.