Donor Relations CoordinatorCompany: Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County
Date Posted: March 6, 2017
The Donor Relations Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for managing BBBS of SDC’s development database (Salesforce). The position is primarily responsible for data/gift entry -receiving and processing donations (paper, credit card and online); stakeholder relations - interfacing with stakeholders (via phone, email and in person); supporting events department through registration and payment reconciliation; timely gift acknowledgement; ongoing updating and management of database contacts and campaigns; and for conducting analytics on the database of donors, prospects and other stakeholders. The position reports to the Director of Development. In addition, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for select routine administrative tasks (<25% of effort).
The Donor Relations Coordinator works independently and as a member of the Development team and coordinates activities with other departments including Administration and Events. This position is also charged with the efficient execution of BBBS of SDC fundraising campaigns is responsible for helping to fulfill that agency’s fund development plan including: manipulating the database, maintaining detailed registration logs, regularly interfacing with donors via phone, email and in-person, communicating with the printer and mail-house, ensuring that deadlines are met, and providing timely and accurate statistical reports on campaign(s) progress.
- Responsible for all data entry and report management through Sales Force
- Communicate with donors via phone, email, social media and in person to process payments, collect on unpaid balances, confirm event registration detail etc.,
- Insure timely input of all cash/stock gifts, pledges/pledge payments, recurring gifts, matching gifts and in-kind donations; import donations from online donation platforms (event and general)
- Assure timely acknowledgment, recognition and reporting. Follow up with other key staff on donor acknowledgements, ensuring timely and accurate communication with donors.
- Coordinate and maintain donor record integrity – import/update addresses, contacts and other biographical data as necessary
- Working with Director of Marketing and Events Manager, assist with registration and planning logistics, attend events for cultivation purposes, manage all pre-and post-event payment processing, reconciliation and acknowledgement
- Work with Development and Events team members to ensure timely follow up on post event/donation communication
- Project manage the creation of segmented donor acknowledgement processes to provide personalized donor acknowledgements to new and recurrent donors based on gift type.
- Provide bi-weekly gift entry and outstanding pledge report to Director of Development
- Process acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence as required, including Honor/Memorial; strong familiarity with mail merge functions is required
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Accountant to maintain accurate records and complete monthly reconciliations; collaborate on compiling information for the agency’s Annual Audit
- Provide timely and accurate creation and generation of queries, reports and analysis as requested from Development and other departments
- Provide support to Marketing in extracting donors for external communications such as newsletters and annual reports
- Be the in-house database expert and provide training and assistance to other database user as needed
- Troubleshoot database problems with vendor(s) and internally as needed; be the technical liaison to all database vendor(s)
- Daily administrative tasks as assigned including mail collection, checks in the mail processing, and serving as back up to the Facilities and Administrative Manager
- Complete other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience with non-profit database administration
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Salesforce
- Strong interpersonal, speaking and written communication skills for donor interfacing
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage new projects/programs, process workflow and establish and manage timelines.
- High level of organization and the ability to schedule time well.
- Proficiency in Microsoft OFFICE; including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Have reliable transportation to get to designated meetings throughout the county.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings, and some weekends.
A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, attention to detail, a high level of Salesforce proficiency, and the ability to effectively engage with various stakeholders in a respectful, engaging manner.
Routine in office hours M-TH, telecommute option Fridays; occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Local travel throughout San Diego County.
Ability to sit in meetings for long periods of time. Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change at any time to meet the needs of the organization.
To apply: Email resume and contact information for two references to Stephanie Dinnen Reini, Director of Development, at StephanieD@SDBigs.org