Director of DevelopmentCompany: Kids for Peace
Date Posted: March 3, 2017
Kids for Peace – a big-hearted, global nonprofit based in Carlsbad, California – is looking for an experienced, tenacious, optimistic, and dynamic Development Director. The Development Director will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the overall fundraising strategy that will generate support for the Kids for Peace mission.
Lead the Strategy for Diversified Revenue
- Plan and implement all fundraising efforts. Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic plan for increasing revenue from individual and corporate donors, foundations, in-kind sources, merchandise sales, special events, online fundraising, and special opportunities.
- Work closely with staff and volunteer leadership to shape and support all fundraising efforts, policies, and strategies to accomplish special events goals and objectives.
- Create and oversee the donor record-keeping systems with Salesforce, ensure confidentiality of donor information, and provide timely acknowledgment of donations.
Solicit and Engage Corporate Sponsors for The Great Kindness Challenge
- Identify, cultivate and steward sponsor prospects; lead solicitation of prospects; coordinate the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or minimum of five years of successful fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit individual and corporate donors and sponsors.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from diverse sources in planning, making decisions, and finding solutions.
- Ability to multi-task; be well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to respond to changing environment and priorities in a focused and flexible manner.
- Extremely positive and professional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rally and organize staff, volunteers, and community members to achieve overall organizational goals.
- Effective work performance in a team environment and in self-directed situations.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
- Experience and competency with Salesforce.
A commitment to the Mission of Kids for Peace is essential.
Kids for Peace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. We love all people!
The compensation package includes salary commensurate with experience, an annual bonus opportunity, and benefits package.
This is an exempt, full-time salaried position.
To apply, please send resume and a cover letter highlighting your greatest fundraising successes and how you will bring value to Kids for Peace.
Send to: Jill McManigal at email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to meeting all qualified and kind-hearted candidates.