Community Events Coordinator - Oceanside, CACompany: Canine Companions for Independence
Date Posted: January 31, 2017
Founded in 1975, Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, Canine Companions is the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs, and is recognized worldwide for the excellence of its dogs, and the quality and longevity of the matches it makes between dogs and people. The result is a life full of increased independence and loving companionship.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: This position is responsible for the coordination of regional special and community events including DogFest Walk ‘n Roll and any other special events as assigned.
- Plan, coordinate, and organize regional fundraising events under the direction of Development leadership. Coordinate event logistics, including vendor arrangements and day-of event logistics. Works closely with local volunteers and staff to reach monetary and participation goals.
- Provides support for fundraising activities to include donors and sponsorships, acknowledging and recognizing donors, and conducting donor research. Develop sponsorship agreements with vendors and businesses; provide sponsorship acknowledgement and donor cultivation for events.
- Develop effective working relationship with each Event Chair and volunteer committee to implement and grow the participation and revenue for the events.
- Recruit, screen and train volunteers for current and new DogFest Walk ‘n Roll locations and other volunteer events.
- Coordinate and provide support to volunteer committees as needed for special events through administrative tasks and coaching.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with committee by traveling to locations when necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of the DogFest event website for regional events; including, but not limited to, editing event and sponsorship information, managing bookkeeping, and pulling reports.
- Responsible for website for regional special events; including, but not limited to, editing event and sponsorship information, managing bookkeeping, and pulling reports.
- Serve as the regional staff liaison with national office on all aspects of DogFest Walk ‘n Roll through participation in calls and providing regional feedback on event strategy and implementation.
- Be accountable not only for direct responsibilities outlined in this job description but also to serve fellow staff and other constituents with whom position interacts. Ensure actions and communications are honest and transparent.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to manage, network, train and motivate staff, volunteers and clientele
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including public speaking
- Ability to work in a team environment
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum two to three years or more of volunteer coordination and/or event experience; computer skills;
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
REQUIRED LICENSES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS: Stationed at workstation for majority of job Occasional overtime or flex hours may be required Some travel required throughout Southwest
SAFETY HAZARDS: Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.