Major Gifts OfficerCompany: Promises2Kids
Date Posted: November 4, 2016
TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts from individuals and community members. The Major Gifts Officer will maximize gift revenue from current donors while engaging new prospective constituents. The Major Gifts Officer interacts regularly with the Chief Executive Officer, Board Members, Development Consultant, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Philanthropy in performing the position’s principal duties.
- Achieve annual goals by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individuals for major gifts of $10,000 - $100,000.
- Create and annually update a major gifts plan to support Promises2Kids’ budgeted funding needs.
- Identify potential new sources of support from individuals and community members. Develop strategies to engage, cultivate and solicit these prospects.
- Plan and manage donor salon events as a way of engaging and cultivating donors.
- Conduct one-on-one prospecting sessions with high-level donors, staff and others to identify and qualify major gift prospects.
- Track prospect/donor moves appropriate in donor database.
- Represent Promises2Kids at events and community activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of successful professional fundraising experience, or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Major gift fundraising experience required, with experience in asking for and closing major gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrate professional writing skills.
- Proficiency in fundraising databases preferably Raisers Edge database.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of people and represent Promises2Kids in a positive and professional manner to all staff, visitors, donors, and the community.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and to complete and report on assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, diplomacy and tact
- Must be detail oriented and understand the importance of the “big picture” in regards to established goals.
- Excellent organizational, management, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to successfully pass the child abuse clearance, fingerprinting, and background check.
- Must possess reliable personal transportation and meet insurance requirements. There will be travel in the local area.
To be considered for this position, ALL of the following must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 1.) Cover letter 2.) Salary history 3.) Resume. Please no phone calls.