Administrator of Fund DevelopmentCompany: Pacific Southwest Railway Museum
Date Posted: September 24, 2016
The Pacific Southwest Railway Museum is seeking a Director of Fund Development. Reporting to the President, this position is responsible for planning and implementing strategic, targeted, multifaceted fundraising plans to generate project and operating funds through major donor cultivation and solicitation, grant writing, and expansion of corporate sponsorships and giving in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The position will be based in the San Diego area.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement annual giving campaigns, including major gifts and ongoing campaigns
- Develop major gift prospects
- Develop and implement a planned/estate giving program
- Coordinate fundraising solicitation with the President and board
- Garner public speaking opportunities
- Identify grants available for Museum projects and author grant proposals
- Research and identify new prospective funding sources including corporations, associations, foundations and individuals
- Manage the cultivation and solicitation of corporate support
- Contribute content and vision to the marketing of the organization through its website, newsletter, emails, publications and public image
- Attend board meetings, prepare reports and make presentations for the board and volunteer committees
Occasional travel required, particularly in San Diego County.
Applicants cand send resumes to Diana Hyatt, President PSRM at email@example.com by October 31, 2016