MAJOR GIFTS OFFICERCompany: Mercy for Animals
Date Posted: August 25, 2016
Telecommuting will be accommodated
Management Recruiters - Mid Hudson Valley is an executive search firm focused solely in serving the nonprofit sector. We have a national practice and the large majority of our placements are executive leadership and senior fundraising professionals.
Our client is Mercy For Animals (MFA - www.mercyforanimals.org). MFA is a global movement of people on the frontlines fighting to protect farmed animals. MFA believes that a humane society is possible. They are committed to reducing the greatest amount of suffering for the largest number of animals. Their efforts focus on protecting farmed animals and utilize a broad range of strategic approaches that seek to expose cruelty, prosecute abusers, and inspire consumers to make compassionate food choices.
MFA seeks a skilled Major Gifts Officer to advance the work of Mercy for Animals by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts and creating/sustaining long-term relationships with major donors. This individual will manage a portfolio of major gift and foundation donors located in Southern California (45%), and several other states, including Texas (20%), Colorado / Florida (20%) and six other states (HI, NM, OK, UT, LA and GA - 15%).
- Manage a portfolio of major gift and foundation donors.
- Create annual strategies for all portfolio donors.
- Meet or exceed monthly metrics for visits, solicitations, and proposals.
- Consistently review portfolio, cultivate new prospects, and disqualify others as necessary.
- Involve directors in the cultivation and solicitation process whenever appropriate.
- Serve as event planning liaison for major donor fundraising events.
- Maintain donor data and contacts in fundraising database, and prepare funding proposals and stewardship reports.
- Serve as member of the development project team to assist with fundraising appeal planning and execution, donor relations, database conversion, and other joint projects within the department.
- College degree and a minimum of five years of previous development experience, including working in a major gifts officer capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Experience writing fundraising proposals.
- Excellent ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Team-playing, collaborative approach.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of constant deadlines; requires excellent organizational skills, time management efficiency, and careful attention to detail.
- Frequent travel and some evening and weekend work.
- Personal commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Minimum of a commitment to a vegetarian lifestyle; preference for a vegan lifestyle.
Mercy For Animals offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Mercy For Animals is an affirmative action employer.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter (Word Documents only) to:
Owner / Manager – Management Recruiters – Mid Hudson Valley
Website – www.mrmhv.com