Development AssociateCompany: Lux Art Institute
Date Posted: August 18, 2016
Lux Art Insitute, a non-profit visual art organization in Encinitas, has an immediate opening for a Development Associate to provide critical support in bringing the organization to the next level. The successful candidate will have 2-4 years experience in developing creative strategies to grow membership and attendance, the execution of fundraising events, and cultivating individual giving. The right candidate is motivated by every opportunity to generate funds for the organization, with connecting with the constituency and Lux donors in a meaningful way as a priority.
This is a full-time position that requires a great and outgoing attitude and a strong work ethic. Flexible work schedule including some weekends and evenings will be required.
This is an exciting period of growth to join Lux Art Institute as we strategically plan for the programming of Lux’s 10th Anniversary Season. If you think you are the right candidate please submit your cover letter, resume, salary history and references to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line ‘Development Associate.’
This is a full-time non-exempt position offering health benefits and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
Working closely with the Development Manager, this position will be responsible for development and fundraising efforts throughout the year, including:
Serve as the primary responsible for administering the Lux membership program:
• Serve as liaison between members and Lux by cultivating and corresponding with members in person, by email, by phone, by mail, and in person
• Develop and follow procedures to welcome new members to ensure engagement throughout their first year
• Reach out to all lapsing memberships by scheduling appropriate renewal reminders by email, phone, and mail
• Organize and execute bulk mailings throughout the year as needed
• Work with the Development Manager to set annual goals, strategies and campaigns on how to cultivate, steward, and engage lapsed, current and potential members
• Push upcoming events with targeted messaging for members
• Oversee staff processing of all incoming membership revenue through eTapestry
• Build new member welcome packet, including welcome letter, membership cards, and ticket vouchers, and mail within one week of member sign-up
• Provide monthly membership reports for board meetings
As part of the Gala team, coordinate the planning and execution of Lux's annual Gala 'Lux After Dark'
As part of the Events team, coordinate the planning and execution of membership events including artist opening receptions and Studio Series lectures
General Development Support:
Provide development and fundraising support throughout the year including generating leads on grant research and maintaining the grant portfolio.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years in Marketing, Sales, and/or Membership experience
• Creative and service-oriented; Experience in growing audience loyalty
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills a must
• Ability to write appropriate, concise and effective copy to engage a variety of audiences
• Strong Knowledge of eTapestry CRM
• Strong Knowledge of Social Media and Web Technologies
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Deep interest in film, cultural arts, development and community building
• Strong documentation, organizational and collaboration skills
• Working knowledge of nonlinear editing, photoshop, adobe illustrator a plus
• Knowledge of arts & culture in San Diego is recommended
• Must have sense of humor
Please email your resume, cover letter, writing sample, and three references to email@example.com. No calls please.