Development Assistant – Part-TimeCompany: CANINE COMPANIONS FOR INDEPENDENCE
Date Posted: August 15, 2016
CANINE COMPANIONS FOR INDEPENDENCE
Position: Development Assistant – Part-Time
Site: Southwest Regional Office, Oceanside, California
Primary Purpose of the Job: This position works closely with the Development department to provide administrative and secretarial support with a high degree of accuracy, responsiveness and discretion that includes preparing written correspondence, donor stewardship, completing special projects and providing excellent customer service.
- Prepare detailed written correspondence, reports and related projects using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and InDesign programs timely and accurately.
- Assist Development staff in creating and maintaining stewardship plan for donors to include acknowledgement letters and appreciation calls. Prepare other written assignments as needed.
- Assist with entering, retrieving and analyzing data from the donor database.
- Receive and transmit telephone and facsimile messages accurately and promptly using telephone system, message systems and photocopy machine.
- Greet guests and volunteers in a professional and friendly manner in person and over the phone; provide quality customer service.
- Works independently and within a team on department projects, monthly reports, check requests, filing and data input.
- Maintain files and appropriate records of correspondence, special projects, literature and other documents.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or department.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to write and summarize correspondence in a succinct manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word; PowerPoint; Excel)
- Founded in 1975, Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, Canine Companions is the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs, and is recognized worldwide for the excellence of its dogs, and the quality and longevity of the matches it makes between dogs and people. The result is a life full of increased independence and loving companionship.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Must be flexible with hours based on office priorities.
Required Experience: One or more years’ prior administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising/Development capacity. Prior experience with fundraising databases preferred.
Required Education: Associate degree preferred.
Required Licenses: None.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work indoors and outdoors performing development and administrative duties. Weekend and some evening work required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply: visit us at www.cci.org , and apply by link: http://www.cci.org/site/c.cdKGIRNqEmG/b.9451789/k.8E03/SWR_Development_Assistant.htm