Marketing CoordinatorCompany: Population Connection
Date Posted: August 11, 2016
Population Connection seeks a Marketing Coordinator to join their San Diego office. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and aid in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns. The Marketing Coordinator will oversee scheduling and participate in all stages of campaign planning, development, and execution. The Marketing Coordinator will work directly with vendors to communicate production needs and ensure campaign objectives and deadlines are met. Candidate must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and possess the necessary skills to coordinate, prepare, review, and execute print marketing campaigns. Consistent quality control is essential. A dedication to advocating for women's reproductive health and rights, and environmental protection is a must!
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Vice President of Marketing & Development to develop and implement direct mail marketing programs.
- Attend marketing meetings and project kick-offs with senior staff members to understand timing and specs for projects in development.
- Assist with all aspects of direct marketing campaign production including: campaign set-up, print management, campaign distribution and post-campaign reporting.
- Maintain schedules and calendars with accurate dates. Ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage all aspects of print production, including preparing and reviewing quotes, vendor selection, reviewing laser approvals, and day-to-day printer communication.
- Manage vendor communications.
- Distribute and edit marketing reports.
- Invoice processing and budget tracking.
- Manage files, organize job folders, and distribute print samples.
- Participate in direct mail/digital integration.
- Other special projects and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2+ years of experience in marketing or project management.
- Experience creating printed marketing materials.
- Understanding of printing techniques and print production preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superb interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- An ability to take personal initiative and work independently as well as to collaborate with management.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel (advanced level). Experience with CRM databases and project management software a plus.
- Non-profit experience a plus, but not required
Population Connection will provide a salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include a generous annual leave plan, paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term disability, and a 401K retirement account with matching funds available.
This is a full-time position based in San Diego, CA. We are seeking candidates living in the San Diego area. Relocation benefits will not be provided.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Nicole Martin, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com. Please reference Marketing Coordinator in your subject line. Within your cover letter, please discuss how your past experience and achievements will lead to success in this particular role for Population Connection.