SPECIAL EVENTS & MARKETING MANAGERCompany: Home Start, Inc.
Date Posted: July 12, 2016
SPECIAL EVENTS & MARKETING MANAGER
Home Start, a leader in providing child abuse prevention and intervention services in San Diego County for 44 years, is seeking an experienced manager to partner with the CEO and Director of Philanthropy in the agency’s fundraising initiatives
General Development Department:
- Maintain accurate accounting of all unrestricted and restricted donations (including in-kind)
- Process all donations using database software and produce thank you letters
- Assist in the research for new grant/funding opportunities and maintain grant files and grant calendar.
- Write grant proposals ranging from $2,500 - $10,000
- Create and assist with internal and external communications including print and advertising programs
- Develop promotional and marketing programs
- Seeks and develops opportunities to enhance the image of the organization in the community
- Manage and update Home Start’s website with accurate and up-to-date information as needed and post agency news on FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Develops and coordinates special events to generate funds and attendance for the agency including:
- Identify types of events
- Locate facilities
- Solicit and secure silent and live auction items
- Track donations and enter into fundraising software and prepare acknowledgement letters
- Prepare post-event acknowledgement letters, final budget numbers and live and silent auction results
- Support fundraising and gala committees by maintaining rosters, taking and distributing materials, preparing materials, taking and distribution minutes
- Supervise interns and volunteers
- Act as contact person for community event (agency events and others)
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing, or related field, and three years’ experience in fundraising or marketing for a non-profit organization is required. Must have excellent communications skills – verbal and written, be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and efficiently manage time to meet deadlines. Excellent problem-solving and people skills are essential for this position. Expert computer skills including database management, Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and Publisher), and experience with website and social media management (Wordpress) required. Grant writing experience preferred.
To Apply: Send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619/692-0785.