YMCA Grant Writer - UPDATEDCompany: YMCA of San Diego County
Date Posted: July 12, 2016
The YMCA of San Diego County, is currently seeking experienced candidates to secure grants for two social service departments – Youth & Family Services and Childcare Resource Service.
The Grant Writer is responsible for securing grants from a combination of government and private funding sources. This position is responsible for managing the grant process to include preparing, writing, submitting and reporting grants as well as cross-departmental collaboration and communication.
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years’ grant writing experience.
- Experience with government grant submission procedures preferred.
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Exceptional project management experience with excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize complex requests for proposals.
- Ability to meet and adhere to critical deadlines.
What the Grant Writer does…
- Manage grant writing efforts and produce technically sound grant proposals, facilitating time-sensitive grant applications with multiple partners.
- Create and manage an organized system of tracking all grants and grant outcomes.
- Research new funding opportunities, including local, state and federal grants, along with private foundations and corporations.
- Familiarize staff with grant management process, and build staff capacity to effectively support grant processes.
- Inform leaderships of legislative developments that impact funding and areas of service.
The link to the revised job description and online application can be found at http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=YMCASANDIEGO&cws=1&rid=7040.