Development Admin AssistantCompany: Santa Fe Christian Schools
Date Posted: July 7, 2016
Santa Fe Christian Schools is a private, Christian, college-preparatory school serving approximately 1,050 students in grades pre-school through 12th grade. Located in Solana Beach, CA, the lower and middle schools are National Blue Ribbon schools, and 100% of graduates are accepted to 4-year universities, including many of the top colleges in the U.S.
The Development Assistant reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and assists with various daily administrative and fundraising duties for the Development Team. The Development Team plans & coordinates fundraising events/activities to fulfill the school’s mission, vision, and department goals. The employee will be required to support those events/activities and participate in Donor cultivation and stewardship. He/she will have direct, personal interaction with SFC families, faculty/staff, and the community, and will also work with sensitive and confidential information. The employee should exemplify high Christian ideals in a spirit of cooperativeness and optimism, have a positive attitude, be able to handle multiple tasks, and be willing to help others as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CDO and Development Team
- Process incoming cash, credit card, online, in-kind, and stock gifts
- Manage gift acknowledgement and receipt process utilizing Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud) software
- Support all Development events including Annual Giving, Christmas Gala, and Spring Auction
- Create and mail Donor “year-end” contribution summary statements
- Generate monthly Giving reports from Raiser’s Edge
- Attend weekly Development Department meetings and take notes
- Attend monthly Development Committee meetings, take notes, and prepare minutes
- Maintain good communication with the CDO, Development Team, and volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality in handling private, sensitive Donor & school information
- Oversee mail merges and large “bulk mailings”
- Work effectively and efficiently under occasionally demanding situations and be adaptable to change
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field for the position and have at least 2 years of Development experience, preferably within an academic setting.
The ideal candidate with also possess:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills anad use of business writing
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Basic design skills are also desirable.
- Ability to work closely with Finance Department regarding batch processing statements, pledges, and monthly reconciliation
- General understanding of bookkeeping and budgeting procedures
- Must be a professing believer of Jesus Christ
- Must regularly attend/be a member of a Christ-centered church
- Must sign and follow SFCS Statement of Faith and Morale & Ethical Integrity Policy
- Valid, negative TB test result (4 years)
- LiveScan (Fingerprinting); FBI and DOJ clearance to work in an education setting
The employee must be able to sit for long periods of time.
FREQUENCY CODE: PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
Never (N) = 0% Sitting = C Twisting = N Squatting = O
Occasional (O) = 1 - 33% Standing = F Push/Pull = O Bending = O
Frequent (F) = 34 - 66% Crawling = N Walking = F Reaching = O
Continuous (C) = 67 - 100% Kneeling = O Lifting/Carrying = O Balancing = N
Equal Opportunity Employer
“Santa Fe Christian Schools” is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, marital status, political belief or disability. Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity within three (3) days of being hired. Failure to submit such proof within the required time shall result in immediate employment termination.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
Please email resume, completed Application, cover letter, & 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application can be found at www.sfcs.net/about/employment/ (scroll down and choose “Administrative Application”)