Manager of Alumni and Community RelationsCompany: National University
Date Posted: July 5, 2016
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specifically responsible for providing direct support to alumni and community partners, which seek to interact with our network through events, conferences, and seminars.
- Seeks opportunities to connect our alumni network, community partners and educational partners through curricular and co-curricular events and programs.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining regional alumni clubs.
- Creates and implements a “best practice” approach for alumni organizations and programs.
- Supports and develops local and regional alumni and coordinates alumni events.
- Identifies and cultivates alumni volunteers (career mentors, advisory board participation, alumni speakers, etc.) within the alumni population for affinity groups that align with departmental and institutional strategy.
- Liaisons between the Alumni Relations team members and others in the University to ensure that there is effective communication with senior colleagues on matters relating to alumni events, alumni group activities, University publications, web and email communication.
- Oversees event logistics in coordination with the Office of Event Management.
- Responsible for robust communications in coordination with the Director, Alumni Communications, that include continually updated websites, events calendars and a high volume of frequent email correspondence.
- Evaluates and maintains all benefits offered to alumni via membership in the Alumni Association and is responsible for the communication of these benefits to alumni (website, printed material, etc.)
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Master’s degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years in higher education administration preferably in Alumni Relations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining regional alumni clubs preferred such as drafting bylaws, setting up and facilitating new regional alumni boards, establishing board policies and regional club management systems and processes.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including very strong public speaking skills preferred.
- Social Media experience preferred.
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours. This includes some overnight travel.
APPLY ONLINE AT NATIONAL UNIVERSITY NU.EDU
POSITION: MGR, ALUMNI & COMMUNITY RELATIONS JOB ID #5403.