Communications ManagerCompany: Nature and Culture International
Date Posted: June 23, 2016
NCI is seeking a Communications Manager who will lead all efforts to communicate NCI’s mission and results with donors, partners, and the public with an emphasis on attracting and engaging donors. The primary focus of this work will be speaking to a North American audience.
The ideal candidate will identify with our environmental mission, be both self-directed and a team player, and be eager to manage a variety of assignments.
This position is located in our U.S. headquarters in San Diego (Del Mar), CA with a staff of six people.
Description of Duties:
- Strategy – Support refinement and further development of branding and messaging.
- Website Management – Develop and maintain web content while strengthening online fundraising efforts.
- Social Media Management – Maintain brand consistency and messaging across social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; develop new social media profiles as needed.
- Email Marketing – Design and disseminate monthly email newsletters to donors and subscribers.
- Collateral – Develop program, marketing, and fundraising materials including Annual Report and institutional presentations.
- Public Relations – Actively seek opportunities to pitch local papers and online media.
- Content – Consistently source information from in-country and U.S.-based staff to develop web, print, and social media content.
- Visual Content – Organize and maintain photo and video library.
- Consultants – Contract services and oversee graphic and technical consultants as needed.
- Ratings – Maintain profiles on Charity Navigator, Guidestar, Better Giving and similar nonprofit evaluation sites.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of professional communications experience
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, particularly writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly professional demeanor
- Superior attention to detail
- Written and verbal Spanish language skills preferred
- Proficiency with programs including WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign, and social media platforms
Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org