Annual Fund CoordinatorCompany: San Diego Natural History Museum
Date Posted: June 6, 2016
San Diego Natural History Museum
Annual Fund Coordinator
Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the Annual Fund, processing gifts, coordinating donor recognition activities, producing acknowledgement letters, annual gala registration, identifying prospects, and running database queries and reports. Must have superb attention to detail and strong analytical skills. Donor database experience required, Raiser’s Edge or Altru experience preferred. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word. Full-time position in the Institutional Advancement Department and reports to the Senior Director of Development and Grants.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
Coordinates all gift processing activities, including gift entry, acknowledgements and donor recognition- 35%
- Processes all donations daily.
- Sends daily and weekly gift reports.
- Works closely with Database Manager to ensure accurate data entry of gift information.
- Produces thank you letters and coordinates the acknowledgement process; work closely with Development Officers and program staff to ensure accurate, personalized and timely acknowledgements.
- Tracks outstanding pledges and monitor pledge payment activity and reminders
- Adds all gift information to donor paper files.
- Coordinates staff payroll contribution deductions.
- Helps with the identification of prospects; including making recommendations for next steps.
- Tracks donor recognition names and requirements; helps track that all donor signage and printed materials are accurate and updated online and within the Museum.
- Keeps donor database updated with accurate Leadership Circles and Natural Partner information.
- Fulfillment of Leadership Circles and Natural Partners membership packages.
- Runs monthly Natural Partners reports.
- Prepares donor call lists for CEO and Development Officers.
- Tracks all policies and procedures related to gift processing activities
Plan, design and implement the Annual Fund- 35%
- Plans, organizes and implements the museum’s annual fund program, including mail and online activities.
- Writes all annual fund pieces, including appeal text (direct mail and online) and thank you letters.
- Coordinates appeal focus and content with IA management and program area managers.
- Works closely with the Communications team to create creative and successful traditional mail packages, e-newsletter follow-up activities and all other materials.
- Works with the Database Manager to segment and track all mailings.
- Works with outside vendors to facilitate production and mailing of print pieces and other items as needed.
- Manages online giving website content.
- Writes and plans stewardship pieces for annual fund donors.
- Manages, promotes and coordinates EFT program.
- Contributes to topic selection and copywriting for print and e-mail newsletters and website.
- Manages the annual fund budget- revenue and expenses
- Attend regular meetings of counterparts at other local organizations to stay abreast of local trends.
- Researches and tracks national annual fund and online giving trends and makes recommendations.
- Works with Museum store to offer giving opportunities (i.e. round-up purchase. Track all store donation and steward store staff.
- Creates and sends annual tax summaries for recurring/monthly donations.
- Participates in Field Notes meetings and content development/writing related to annual fund.
Supports the Annual Gala- 10%
- Manages the RSVPs for the annual gala via Raiser’s Edge; coordinate table and ticket seating.
- Manages the registration the night-of the event.
- Coordinates all gala thank you letters (pre and post event).
- Tracks gifts-in-kind.
- Fulfillment of gala benefits (guests passes, memberships, others as needed).
Runs reports, queries and keeps data updated in donor database- 10%
- Assists with database updates, including tracking prospects.
- Works closely with the Database Manager to keep database updated and well-maintained.
- Updates constituent records, including E-mail addresses, address changes, relationships, demographics, attributes, etc.
- Writes queries and reports.
Institutional Advancement general support- 10%
- Assists with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Back up for phone support
- Assists with all development and membership events.
- Assists with other department projects as assigned
- Actively participates in monthly IA Operations meetings, and twice monthly Development Officers meeting
- Assists with other departmental events (volunteer dinner, educator night, paleo dinner, vendor showcase and others).
- Assists with training of new staff
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years professional nonprofit fundraising experience, preferably with knowledge of gift processing and annual fund programs.
- Record of successful experience in activities requiring customer service and/or donor relations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present information in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems with grace and diplomacy
- Ability to keep track of the overall picture while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail in a variety of situations
- Ability to work well independently and creatively within a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to complete projects accurately and completely within deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Raiser’s Edge or Altru