Office ManagerCompany: CANINE COMPANIONS FOR INDEPENDENCE
Date Posted: May 31, 2016
Position: Office Manager
Location: Southwest Region, Oceanside, California
Primary Purpose of the Job: This position oversees the daily functions of the office, including organizing and coordinating office procedures, operations and resources to facilitate effective and efficient operations. This position delivers strong administrative support to the Executive Director and assists in educating staff of company policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director that includes preparation of letters, reports, scheduling of appointments and meetings, calendar management, assisting with travel plans, database input, preparation of related reports and research and analysis.
- Supervise opening and distribution of incoming mail to all regional employees. Supervise timely posting of outgoing mail, including UPS and /or other carrier shipments, utilizing efficient and cost-effective mans. Maintain adequate postage and maintain current postal permits.
- Efficiently answers and responds to all calls using a multi-line telephone system. Operates telephone systems, routes incoming calls and distributes messages accurately and in timely and professional manner. Provides telephone training to staff and oversees telephone system needs and maintenance to region.
- Maintain supplies and office equipment inventory control tracking and procedures to ensure that purchases are kept within budget and that an inventory of supplies is kept up to date. Prepare inventory reports for National office and order supplies when necessary.
- Oversee and prepare deposits and purchase orders. Code regional invoices and submit to the National Accounting Office. Maintain petty cash account; distribute petty cash and prepare monthly petty cash reports for reimbursements. Maintain petty cash account; distribute petty cash and prepare monthly petty cash reports for reimbursements.
- Oversee office equipment to ensure proper care and maintenance; review maintenance agreements and schedule necessary repairs when necessary. Oversee maintenance of vehicles and purchase and/or replace to maintain reliable transportation. Provide office equipment training to staff.
- Work with National Office to ensure all machinery, equipment and vehicles are covered by adequate insurance; report any new equipment additions or deletions promptly. Maintain regional inventory tracking to include furniture, office equipment, machinery, vehicles, etc.
- Provide Human Resource support to regional center staff via the National Office that includes placing classified ads and coordinating hiring, training and exit information to Human Resources. Understand company policies and procedures and assist with educating and training of regional center staff.
- Provide administrative and hospitality support for regional board and staff meetings, and special events as requested. Greet visitors and guests and provide excellent customer service; notify staff of guest arrival.
- Maintain office files; ensure files are up-to-date, accurate and confidential information is maintained in secure location.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or department.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work spirit.
- Ability to multi-task, excellent planning, organizing, time and work management.
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate and detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise office activities, including staffing, vendors and office work flow.
- Knowledge of accounting, administrative, clerical and data management procedures and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to efficiently and effectively use software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database, etc).
Required Experience: Previous office management and computer experience.
Required Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Licenses: None.
Working Conditions: Stationed at workstation for majority of job. Some weekend work required.
Safety Hazards: General office working conditions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the duties listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply, please visit our career site: http://www.cci.org/site/c.cdKGIRNqEmG/b.9393961/k.C386/SWR_Office_Manager.htm