Development AssociateCompany: Canine Companions for Independence
Date Posted: May 9, 2016
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position works closely with the Development Director in the identification, solicitation and development of community, local and regional fundraising sources.
- Assist in the regional fundraising development program; raise annual income budget through individual solicitation, grant writing, events, clubs, etc. Track and report on development funds demographically.
- Identify and research local, community and regional grant sources. Prepare timely filed grants to coincide with funding source guidelines. Research funding foundations, organizations and corporations. Follow-up declined grants to improve future grant writing procedures. Submit timely grant reports in accordance with funder’s guidelines. Create and maintain accurate donor and grant reports.
- Maintain regular cordial correspondence and networking with community, local and regional donors. Establish and maintain correspondence records. Update regional development acknowledgements and thank you cards. Oversee regional development correspondence to ensure consistency and accuracy. Track funding from donors to company database and tracking funding demographically.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and organizing of established local and regional fund raising events.
- Perform development presentations and demonstrations to volunteers and public with a high degree of professionalism.
- Work with National and Regional development staff to ensure and improve the accuracy of donor information in the donor database.
- Provide support content and proofreading support for various regional publications and communications.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor or department.
- Ability to use computerized programs such as database, data processing, and other communication software programs.
- Ability to network, motivate and train staff, volunteers and clientele.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform public speaking; ability to complete grant proposals.
- Knowledge of event revenue and expense budgets.
- Supervisory experience.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Computer and fundraising & experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: College graduate or equivalent.
REQUIRED LICENSES: None.
To Apply: visit us at www.cci.org, and apply by link: http://www.cci.org/site/c.cdKGIRNqEmG/b.9391659/k.92BB/SWR_Development_Associate.htm