Associate Director of AdvancementCompany: Academy of Our Lady of Peace
Date Posted: April 14, 2016
Reports to: Director of Institutional Advancement
The Associate Director of Advancement plays a key role in OLP’s advancement program and will work collaboratively with the Advancement team on the growth of the school’s fundraising efforts. He/she will be responsible for building and growing private donor support from alumnae, parents, grandparents and corporations. The Associate Director will lead the school’s alumnae engagement efforts including OLP’s annual Alumnae Weekend and Alumnae giving campaigns. This Associate Director will qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donor prospects encouraging existing donors to renew and upgrade their current giving levels and qualify new donors to grow OLP’s donor base. He/She will work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement to plan, implement and grow the school’s annual Women’s Symposium. This is a full-time, exempt position that will require occasional weekend and evening work.
● Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience, preferably in a school setting;
● Demonstrated success with major gift fundraising required; some experience with planned giving preferred;
● Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
● Ability to write effective and successful requests for funding and cases for support;
● Effectiveness working strategically with teams of faculty, staff, donors and volunteers;
● Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, managing multiple projects and priorities;
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and constituent management programs (Bloomerang);
● Must be able to lift 25 pounds and walk up and down stairs;
● Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
● Support of the Academy of Our Lady of Peace mission and Strategic Plan vision.
● Build and manage a portfolio of donor prospects, implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies in alignment with development initiatives;
● Develop and implement targeted face-to-face fundraising and stewardship strategies for various constituencies, primarily focused on alumnae.
● Develop a strategy for alumnae engagement activities that reconnect OLP graduates with the current life of the school, and increases their financial support of current programs, student scholarships, capital needs and endowment.
● Direct oversight of OLP’s annual Alumnae Reunion Weekend and Endless Summer event including developing and managing the event timeline and budget, securing event underwriting and sponsorship, procuring auction items, working with alumnae volunteers, and coordinating set up details with facilities/event staff;
● Direct oversight of OLP’s annual Women’s Symposium including developing and managing the event timeline and budget, securing panelists and speakers, event underwriting and sponsorship, event promotion, and coordinating event details with facilities/event staff;
● Attend networking events in the surrounding community to build support for OLP;
● Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance fundraising and advancement skills;
● Other duties as assigned.
Please apply via EdJoin at:
or, email resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls please