Digital Fundraiser/CopywriterCompany: San Diego Zoo Global
Date Posted: February 8, 2018
The Digital Fundraising Coordinator performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Digital Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for writing compelling content for digital communications on behalf of the San Diego Zoo Global Development Department and coordinates multiple fundraising programs online. This position reports to the Development Supervisor.
- Drafts content for Membership and Development emails, websites, advertisements, and social media communications
- Coordinates digital fundraising appeals, campaigns, e-correspondence, and surveys
- Manages content strategy, production, segmentation, and testing
- Devises, test, and implement optimization strategies
- Researches emerging online giving trends, technologies, and techniques
- Leverages social media, online actions, and advertising
- Conducts and share analysis of web, email, ad and social media performance
- Recommends new technologies and strategies
- Assists with development and implementation of ongoing email capture strategy
- Maintains the online Development appeal email and correspondence calendar
- Works with various departments and external vendors (Web, Major Gifts, Marketing, etc.)
- Monitors online contribution and activity to the Development web pages
- Adheres to all SDZG and department policies and practices
- Practices the GRRREAT Customer Service Standards
- Coordinates digital fundraising appeals, campaigns, e-correspondence, and surveys relate to Membership and Development
- Creates effective and powerful copy that drives donor response
- Devises new digital tactics and strategies to acquire potential donors and increase online followers
- Devises, test, and implement optimization strategies to improve web, email, ad, and social media performance related to organizational goals
- Researches emerging online giving trends, technologies, and techniques in order to devise new online tactics and strategies
- Leverages social media, online actions, and advertising to increase list growth and digital fundraising
- Leverages data/analytics to devise and execute online testing strategies
- Works with various departments to coordinate digital communication efforts related to membership and fundraising programs and projects
- Composes correspondence and completes special projects as needed
- Follows strategic direction set by management of the Development Department’s Member Programs Division, in coordination with other participating SDZ Global departments
Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience creating compelling digital non-profit fundraising copy required. Examples of representative qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in communication, or related field and/or equivalent specialized training include professional experience in non-profit organization, copywriting, editing, and content marketing; experience developing and crafting copy for nonprofit fundraising, advocacy, and target-driven donor response preferred; valid California driver license.
- Email fundraising content tactics and best practices
- Grammar and writing rules
- Microsoft Office
- Create effective copy and communication donor response
- Proofread and edit effectively
- Draft fundraising content for diverse audiences
- Remain adaptable to changing priorities
- Meet deadlines for business needs
- Plan and develop online campaigns, communications and surveys
- Collaborate and work effectively with others in a diverse team environment
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Pay attention to detail and have effective organizational skills
- Work well under pressure
- Handle multiple time-sensitive tasks
Office environment and outdoors; may work in inclement weather; may work at other locations (Zoo or Safari Park).
Long periods of sitting; moderate walking; extensive computer use; may lift approximately 25-30 pounds; may travel.
ALL NEW HIRES ARE SUBJECT TO PASSING A DRUG SCREEN.
SOME EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON PASSING PRE-PLACEMENT TESTING.