Corporate Giving & Events ManagerCompany: Feeding San Diego
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Corporate Giving & Events Manager is a key member of the development team of Feeding San Diego (FSD). This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to effectively raise private support from corporation foundations, corporate entities, and through our main signature events throughout San Diego County to reach the organization’s fundraising goal.
The Corporate Giving & Events Manager is responsible for the reaching the annually, pre-determined, multi-million dollar fiscal year goal for corporate, corporate foundation, and signature events support. This position will manage the organization’s methods of corporate fundraising, such as sponsorship for organization-hosted events, program and operations support, capital initiatives, and other tailored campaigns for the business community. To this end, the Corporate Giving & Events Manager will collaborate closely with colleagues across the organization regarding marketing, cause marketing events, corporate volunteering opportunities, etc. This position will be responsible for corporate proposals for gifts under $10,000 and work closely with the development writers regarding proposals at $10,000 and above. This position will be responsible for identifying new prospects as well as renew and increase the level of support from their portfolio of major corporate donors within the framework of FSD’s strategic plan, and a well-designed corporate and corporate foundation giving program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed. Evening and weekend work required as determined by operational needs or as assigned.
- Work closely with FSD executive leadership team to develop strategies and tactics to rapidly and successfully expand the corporate giving program, with a primary focus on building the program at the $5,000 and above level
- Personally manage a portfolio of 100+ current major corporate donors and work to increase their level of support
- Creatively draw on research, experience, and relationships to make connections and secure meetings with prospects
- Solicit sponsorship funds for all organization-hosted signature events, manage event logistics, and lead event planning committee
- Create compelling engagement opportunities for corporate donors and prospects, tailored to specific needs and expectations
- Schedule and conduct corporate donor and prospect calls, visits, and meetings each month to engage in FSD work
- Develop written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for corporate donors and prospects
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer in making solicitations of corporate donors
- Prepare strategy, briefing, and debriefing materials for meetings with donors and prospects
- Collaborate with marketing to create collateral materials for the corporate giving programand assist with relationship management system communication plan execution
- Prepare written proposals for corporate donors and prospects that are highly personalized and substantive
- Track all correspondence with donors and prospects in CRM system
- Work with volunteers to conduct research and generate background profiles on corporate donors and prospects
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
The Corporate Giving & Events Manager will interact closely with Marketing and Volunteer programs staff, and provide information to staff, donors, prospects, individuals in need, volunteers, FSD Board and staff, and others from the community.
Three+ years of professional experience in major corporate gifts fundraising and donor relations with a track record in raising $5,000+ gifts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong networker with excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven record of closing major corporate gifts and sponsorships
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to develop a compelling case for support
- Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with donors
- Knowledge of corporate grant making process and a track record of successful grant awards
- Strong research skills and an ability to synthesize information
- Ability to work with CRM system
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of development principles, fundraising techniques, and ethics
- Good organizational skills and an ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Experience in working with volunteers
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.