Development ManagerCompany: The Arc of San Diego
Date Posted: August 7, 2017
The Arc of San Diego is seeking a full-time Development Manager is responsible for assisting with the implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program for The Arc of San Diego based on a formalized development plan & marketing strategy to assure adequate funding for programs, services and special projects by securing financial resources from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
As a key member of The Arc’s fundraising team, the successful candidate will be results-oriented, have strong analytical skills, and be highly adaptable. Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing & Development, the Development Manager will be responsible for raising annual revenue to meet the goals of the organization through the resources of individuals, corporations, foundations, grants, and special events. Eligible candidates need qualifications enabling them to fulfill the following key responsibilities:
• Conducts prospect research and develop individual donor cultivation plans.
• Cultivates and solicits prospective donors to promote interest in providing support for The Arc, conduct donor cultivation activities throughout the year, and ensure all donors are properly recognized through appropriate acknowledgement.
• Focuses on solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
• Raises annual revenue to meet the goals of the organization through the resources of individuals, corporations, foundations, grants, and special events.
• Meet annual fundraising goals for current fiscal year through renewable gifts and new incremental revenue.
• Develops a coordinated matrix of communications, stewardship, and solicitation strategies for donors via e-communications, direct mail, telephone/mail, and one-on-one meetings.
• Assists with all charitable giving including annual membership campaign, employee giving campaign, direct mail appeals, and internet based fundraising.
• Solicits corporate partnerships and sponsorships.
• Supports Chapters and Auxiliaries in their fundraising efforts.
• Researches grant opportunities, write grant proposals, and submit grant reports to funders.
• Develops creative strategies for broadening the organization’s base of support from individuals, nurturing existing relationships as well as identifying new constituencies and expanding funding base.
• Creates and implement online giving and email communications to steward donors.
• Works with Vice President of Marketing & Development on major gifts, planned gifts, special events and capital campaign activities.
• 3-5 years work related experience in development desired and successful record of achievement in solicitations of financial support.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Knowledge of professional standards and legal parameters regarding fundraising activities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple and competing responsibilities.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with fundraising database programs (Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge preferred).
• Valid CA Drivers License and minimum 36 months driving experience.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please provide salary history. The Arc of San Diego offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k options.
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
3030 Market Street San Diego, CA 92102