Development AssociateCompany: Lions Tigers & Bears
Date Posted: July 1, 2017
The Development Associate will work with the Senior Development Officer to create and implement fundraising strategies to support the organization's strategic plan to grow long-term philanthropic support.
Duties and responsibilities:
PR & Communications
- Manage Social Media on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Waggle, The Dodo, etc.
- Help to create Website content/manage updates
- Send bi-monthly E-blasts through Constant Contact (additional during holidays and special events)
- Various writing projects: Newsletters, media releases, flyers, correspondence
- Maintain calendar of events
- Solicit for auction item for major events and do follow-up calling to secure items.
- Book Corporate give back days, Corporate volunteer days and Corporate events at LTB
- Coordinate all logistically aspects of on-site events (private and organization-related) including creating contracts, booking vendors, etc.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure sufficient Volunteers and Staffing are available to assist with all on-site events.
- Assist in growing sanctuary visits and donor base
- Provide Administrative support as needed
- Maintain a clean and orderly office environment at all times
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information of the organization
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Ability and willingness to educate compel and inspire action to enhance LTB's mission and overall strategic objectives. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail. Advanced computer skills, and high proficiency with MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) is a must. Experience with data input, database management and Giftworks preferred. Must be detail oriented, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands in a fast paced environment where priorities are often shifting day to day. Candidate will be able to adapt quickly, stay focused and anticipate next steps. Must be a people person and "big picture" oriented.
The ability to commit to working Tuesday- Saturday and varying schedule including early mornings, late nights and weekends is required. Candidate will be required to assist with all events and donor related functions as required, sometimes on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Working conditions and Physical requirements:
Must be able to lift 30 lbs, work with standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, phones and other office hardware. May encounter inclement weather conditions including extreme heat and cold depending on the seasons and may experience rough terrain.
Ability to work a varying schedule with flexibility in mind. Job duties and hours can change and may include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: