Grants & Sponsorship StewardshipCompany: Just in Time for Foster Youth
Date Posted: May 15, 2017
Grants & Sponsorship Stewardship Specialist
Just in Time for Foster Youth
Like other members of our Just in Time team, you’re driven by passion and purpose and the thought of helping former foster youth transition out of the system and into our welcoming community resonates with you on a deep level. In fact, you’re ready for a mission-driven place to fully commit your time and proven talent for storytelling in all its forms and have been looking for the right place to unleash your creative energy to do something powerful and fulfilling (and raise $1M in the process)!
If you have the burning desire to truly change the world, one youth at a time, to communicate with foundations, civic/faith groups, corporations and community members who have the resources our youth need and to engage them to invest in our mission through compelling grants, impact reports and effective support campaigns, then we want to talk to you about joining our team.
If you’re looking for a dynamic, impact-driven organization that values creativity and a passion for transformative services, offers you the opportunity to use your strengths each and every day with a team of like-minded individuals, let’s talk.
As Development Grants & Sponsorship Specialist for Just in Time for Foster Youth (JIT), you’ll develop the necessary funds and support to fill the resource and relationship gap for over 700 young people each year. In the process, you’ll grow in our community of youth, volunteers, and stakeholders as we help those we serve become confident, capable and connected to break the cycle of foster care.
So here’s the $1M Challenge…
During the first 30 days, you will:
- Learn JIT’s core values and become acquainted with our unique purpose, theory of change, and “voice” for messaging, outreach, and communication with stakeholders and the community.
- Become intimately acquainted with JIT services and processes, JIT’s intended impact, our “2020 Vision” into our future, and our grant management process and protocols, plus learn how your personal strengths in sync with other members of the team will achieve best results
- Work with the Development Director to leverage proven strategies and create new avenues to engage our community of support and steward investor relationships for sustainability
During the first 60 days, you will:
- Engage in JIT services to fully understand our mission through firsthand experience
- Write impactful stories that just happen to be grants, creating unforgettable reasons to invest
- Work with the JIT Board to cultivate sponsorship support for JIT events and services
- Establish strategies for recurring support and leverage opportunities with potential funders
- Work with Development Director to execute Quarterly campaigns
- Maintain accurate, up-to date records of contacts, opportunities, reports and results
On an ongoing basis, you will:
- Achieve quarterly FY2018 goals for revenue in assigned categories
- Make presentations, plan site visits and assist with Development marketing as needed
- Assist with investor stewardship, events, and status reports for JIT events/services
- Consistently identify and facilitate appropriate opportunities for investors to engage with JIT beyond funding to deepen their support
- Collaborate with the JIT Leadership team to advance strategic thinking and execution
Just in Time is a values-driven organization so how a member of our team achieves results is as important as reaching the assigned outcomes. The following are essential:
- Authentic Commitment – Enthusiastic and consistent in working for the youth we serve
- Takes Ownership – Lives up to verbal and written commitments, accountable at all times
- Honest Communication - Speaks plainly and truthfully, builds trust and respect
- Curious & Coachable – Asks great questions, seeks to understand
- Positive & Adaptable – Adjusts to change, thrives with complexity
- Collaboration - Balances assertiveness and cooperation to achieve WIN-WIN solutions
- Respectful – Compassion to self & others. I matter. You matter.
Competencies and Skills
- Written Communication - writes creatively, clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; ability to conceptualize and articulate funding needs persuasively to potential funders
- Learning on the Fly/Problem Solving – Relentless and versatile learner; open to change; learns quickly when facing new problems
- Planning, Organizing, Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it
- Presentation Skills – Effective in a variety of presentation settings, including one-on-one, small and large groups within and without organization
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships
- Priority Setting – Spends time on what’s important, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus
- Action Oriented/Perseverance - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy, drive and a need to finish things he/she sees as challenging; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Strategic Agility /Managing with Vision and Purpose - can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
Experience and Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of writing related experience
- Facility with budgeting and Excel strongly desirable
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Resumes, salary history for the last three years and references should be submitted to Development Director Diane Cox at email@example.com. Those candidates whose submission best match the requirements listed will begin the interview phase, which will include in-person interviews with the Executive Director and a series of focused meetings with selected members of the organization.
Just in Time for Foster Youth is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition or covered veteran status.